The mission of dentists at the Eurodent clinic is to make every effort to save the tooth. And what if tooth extraction is required? They will do it carefully and with the expectation that there will be an implant there later. So, the work will be carried out qualitatively.
We practice tooth extraction only in case of extreme necessity, when treatment or filling will not give the desired effect. The procedure applies to each patient sooner or later. Therefore, if the dental surgeon says that this is the only right decision, you should believe him. After all, it can often save the healthy teeth.
Indications for tooth extraction
A tooth is subject to extraction, when it is not possible to cure it. If you ignore the prescription, then the best-case scenario is to lose it and undergo treatment of the neighboring teeth, and the worst - lose a few more teeth. After all, the affected tooth also affects the neighboring ones and is associated with concurrent conditions: periodontal disease, gingivitis, flux, and periodontitis, bite change, etc.
We list some cases in which a tooth is subject to extraction
- Wisdom teeth. These teeth are often subject to extensive caries or are located incorrectly. This affects the overall condition of the dentition and the bite.
- Apicoectomy or resection of the root apex. This procedure is carried out in case of a tooth cyst formation. It quickly spreads the infection and affects the healthy elements of the dentition, if not removed.
- Complete destruction of the crown portion of the tooth.
- Deep caries. Treatment is unpromising in such cases, because intoxication has already affected the tooth root.
- The milk tooth has not yet fallen out, but a permanent tooth is already pushing it.
- Soft root of the tooth owing to prolonged inflammatory process.
- Narrow jaw, which led to a change in bite.
- Individual cases of already planned prosthetics.
Despite the need for surgery, you should wait until the improvement of the condition when:
- oncological diseases;
- cardiovascular problems;
- in early and late pregnancy;
- acute infectious diseases;
- psychological problems in the exacerbation phase;
- acute problems with kidneys, liver, gastrointestinal tract.
We use all the techniques to save the tooth. We know that the loss of one of the 32 chewing elements of the dentition is an unpleasant event. Therefore, we resort to extraction only in emergency cases.
Tooth extraction in the clinic Eurodent
The doctors of the surgical dentistry in Eurodent use two methods of tooth extraction.
- Simple extraction. The height and surface of the tooth allow you to grab it with forceps and pull it out.
- Surgery. This method demands diagnostics ad a preparatory stage. It is used when the tooth surface is not enough to grab, the tooth is not cut or hidden by the gum.
Any type of procedure is performed under anesthesia. Therefore, the patient does not feel pain. We also operate with materials and drugs that accelerate the healing process and relieve pain. Therefore, do not be afraid of surgery. Everything takes place in a relaxed atmosphere, as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The dental surgeon has two objectives during the surgery. The first is to remove the damaged tooth less traumatic for the patient and adjacent teeth. The second is to preserve the bone of the extraction socket, so that later it was easier to install the implant with minimal invasive intervention. And we have been doing this at a high quality level for more than 20 years.
After extraction of the tooth, the extraction socket is carefully examined. The dentist makes sure if there are no fragments left, the integrity of the bone tissue is not broken, and determines the state of soft tissues.
Next, the socket is treated using the material with anesthetic and bactericidal properties.
The cost of tooth extraction is calculated individually and depends on the complexity of the surgery.
Oral care after tooth extraction
After surgery, you should follow certain rules of oral hygiene. Then the healing process will pass quickly and without consequences.
- Do not rinse the oral cavity, as you can wash out a blood clot covering the extraction socket from the remnants of food and microorganisms.
- Take a pain medication prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not smoke or take alcohol.
- Eat soft, warm food. Avoid hard and hot, sour, spicy and salty foods.
- Do not touch the socket with your finger or tongue.
- Brush your teeth with smooth movements while using a soft brush and without touching the clot.
Tooth extraction in the clinic Eurodent is very different from the same process about 25-50 years ago. Now this surgery is not terrible for patients. We use an innovative method of painless PRF-extraction, where pain and swelling in the post-operative period are practically excluded, and the recovery process is very short.
Cost of tooth extraction
|Extraction of a loosened tooth||490 UAH|
|Tooth extraction (I degree of complexity)||1260 UAH|
|Tooth extraction (II degree of complexity)||2040 UAH|
|Tooth extraction (III degree of complexity) (recumbent wisdom tooth)||2650 UAH|
|Root apex surgery||2800 UAH|
|Excision of the dental operculum with a scalpel||650 UAH|
|Laser removal of an operculum||1260 UAH|
|A-PRF therapy - accelerated recovery of bone defects using own blood-derived biomaterials (1 tube) New!!!||1020 UAH|